Who Can Apply for Texas Rising Star? | Collaborative For Children

Who Can Apply for Texas Rising Star?

A child care provider is eligible to apply for TRS certification if the provider has a current agreement to serve Commission-subsidized children and:

  • Has a permanent (non-expiring) license or registration from DFPS with at least 12 months of licensing history and is not on corrective action
  • Is a licensed child care center, licensed child care home provider, registered child care home provider or a child care provider operated by the U.S. military
  • Demonstrates consistent compliance with minimum state licensing requirements


How to Apply for Texas Rising Star
Texas Rising Star Benefits 



The Gulf Coast Workforce Board supports early education and care quality improvement through funding for Collaborative for Children to administer Texas Rising Star certifications in the 13-county Houston-Galveston region of Texas. Together with its operating affiliate Workforce Solutions, the Board is committed to enhancing and raising the quality of service to both the current and future workforce.