Quality Online Training
Collaborative for Children in partnership with the Texas Agrilife Extension Service, an educational agency of the Texas A&M System, offers quality online training for child care professionals. These online courses are self-paced early childhood courses that can help directors and their staff meet state training requirements. Our courses are convenient to access and provide students the flexibility of their own training schedule. Courses are affordable at only $12.00 each and are based on the latest research and best practices in early childhood.
Each course module is self-paced and allows the student to work through the course in his or her own timeframe. Each course qualifies for one to two clock hours of credit. Printable certificates will be awarded online upon completion of the course material.
A high speed Internet connection is required to complete all courses.
Online Training Modules
We offer 25 training modules, so if you’ve never had the opportunity to try an online learning course, now is the perfect time to try one!
Early Childhood Training Courses
- A Classroom Where Everyone Belongs (1 clock hour)
- Big Ideas in Small Spaces: Using Centers to Encourage Active Learning (2 clock hours)
- Classroom Management (2 clock hours)
- Effective Communication Strategies (2 clock hours)
- From Good to Great: Creative and Interactive Circle Time Routines for Young Audiences (2 clock hours)
- Getting a Clue: Observation and Assessment (1 clock hour)
- Health and Safety: The First Line of Defense (1 clock hour)
- How Do I Design Effective Training For My Staff? (2 clock hours)
- How to Build Effective Partnerships with Families (1 clock hour)
- I Wonder...Science in the Early Childhood Classroom (2 clock hours)
- Leadership 101: The Basics of Maintaining an Effective Child Care Program (1 clock hour)
- Magical Math Experiences for Early Childhood Classrooms (2 clock hours)
- More Outside Play Please: Importance of Outside Play (2 clock hours)
- More Than the A,B,C's: Language and Literacy Development for Young Children (2 clock hours)
- Positive Guidance: Why, What and How? (1 clock hour)
- Supporting Child Growth and Development (1 clock hour)
- Teaching with a Purpose: Developmentally Appropriate Practice (1 clock hour)
- Trouble in the Classroom: Overcoming Challenging Behaviors in the Early Childhood Classroom (2 clock hours)
- View From the Door: Creating Welcoming, Respectful, Work Environments for EC Professionals (1 clock hour)
- Why Play? Understanding the Role of Play in Early Childhood (2 clock hours)
- Being a Life Long Learner ~As an Administrator and Leader (2 clock hours)
- Imbedding the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct In Everything You Do (2 clock hours)
- How to Organize and Implement Collaborative Staff Meetings (2 clock hours)
- Estrategias para una Comunicación Eficaz (2 clock hours)
- Una Mirada desde la Puerta: Creación de Entornos de Trabajo Acogedores y Respetuosos para profesionales de la Infancia Temprana (1 clock hour)
Funding for online training provided by Gulf Coast Workforce Board – Workforce Solutions as part of their Early Care and Education Quality Improvement Grant.