Affecting Legislation on Behalf of Our Children
Influencing public policy is necessary and effective to ensure our state's children receive the opportunities they deserve. Collaborative for Children strengthens the early care and education system through policy development and advocacy.
We work alongside agencies across Texas to:
- Invest in school readiness for all children
- Raise state standards for regulated child care programs
- Support well-trained early childhood educators
- Make quality child care affordable for all
- Fund full school-day public pre-kindergarten for children at risk
Collaborative for Children works with other organizations such as One Voice Texas and the Greater Houston Partnership to identify opportunities and obstacles to expanding access to high quality early care and education. We also develop strategies for engaging the public and policymakers. Collaborative for Children takes action at the local, state and federal level.
Learn more about Collaborative for Children's 2013 Legislative Agenda.